Newton at Home affinity groups enable like-minded members to pursue their common interests. It’s a great way to make new friends and share what you love to do with others. Members can join one or more of our existing groups or start their own.
Reading Aloud Group—Meet monthly to read simple plays, stories and fables, selected by the members.
Book Clubs—Meet monthly to discuss a wide range of fiction and nonfiction titles.
- Dining Group—Share a meal in the company of fellow food aficionados at the most intriguing restaurants in the area.
- Nourish/Healthy Eating—Meet monthly for cooking classes and to learn and share ways to improve your diet.
- Conversational Spanish—Meet weekly to learn and improve your Spanish language skills.
- Knitting Club—Meet monthly with Novice to Experience Knitters for some knitting and chatting.
- History Group—Meet monthly to visit local historical museums, libraries, and speakers to present historical topics.
- Current Events/Political Group—Meet monthly to discuss current election year and current events.
- Singing Group—Meet once a week and sing your favorite tunes from the 30's, 40's, Broadway show tunes and more.
- Scrabble & Rummikub—Get together to play the always popular game of Scrabble and the newer, Rummicub.
- Theater Anyone?—Attend shows at local venues, often at discounted prices.
- Gardening and Touring—Visit some of the area's most beautiful houses and green spaces throughout the year.